Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Sifaka and the Babakoto

This is a funny fairytale from Ampanirio, the environment book. It is written by Sarah, 12 years old and translated into English.



The Sifaka and the Babakoto

One day the lemurs Babakoto and Sifaka talked to each other.

Sifaka: Tell me, my friend. Why is your tail so short?
Babakoto: That’s the way I like it, and don’t you know that this is exactly the fashion this season?
Sifaka: Then I will go to the hair dresser and cut mine like yours.
Babakoto: That’s good! Will I see you then in the evening?
Sifaka: It depends. Bye!

In the evening:

Babakoto: Hello Mrs. Sifaka. It is you going to the marked tonight and not Mr. Sifaka?
Mrs Sifaka: He is very ill, Mr. Babakoto!
Babakoto: Ill?
Mrs. Sifaka: You know, this fashion of yours, it is really dangerous. He went to the hairdresser and his tail was cut off together with the hair.
Babakoto: Really? How would he get such an idea? Stupid!
Mrs. Sifaka: Bye, I have to go.
Babakoto: Isn’t Mr. Sifaka’s birthday party tomorrow?
Mrs. Sifaka: Indeed. That’s why I bring all this food now. See you tomorrow.

Next day:
All the lemurs are gathered.

Sifaka: This I want to tell you, my friends. First of all I greet every one of you. Remember this: When God made us Sifaka with a long tail, please don’t try to do something else, even if it’s fashion. Look at me. I wanted to have a tail like Babakoto, and it was cut totally off. So please be satisfied with what is given you!

No comments:

Post a Comment