Friday, June 4, 2010

Mirana's story

My name is Rasivelonoro Miranaharisoa Josephine and I am 12 years old. I am in grade 7 at the Lutheran secondary school in Ihosy.

I really love to read books, especially fairytales and other stories. We have some books at home, but most of them are in a foreign language, generally in French. Also nearly all of them are comics like Donald Duck or Lucky Luke. I often don’t know the language, so I just look at the pictures, but I still like it very much.


When I was in the 5th grade in school we had some books distributed in class. That was the last time I read a whole real book. In school now, we sometimes have to read, and we go to the school library. The teacher tells us what to do and what to read. Mostly we only learn lessons in the library, and we don’t read books. In the library there are no books telling stories but only fact books.

One thing I really wish is to have a book on my own. My dream is that someone just gave me a book, even if it’s lust for loans. If someone did this to me I would dance of joy, and I would tell all my friends that I now have a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment